Saturday, December 14, 2013

Running to beat the snow




So at my son's basketball game this morning and my friend Judy asked if I had done my run for today. And I had to say, "no" but that motivated me to make sure I got it done before the 6 to 12 inches of snow that we're forecast to have. I really think that Santa needs to bring me some winter running clothes because after a little over a mile I felt like I couldn't really feel my legs. I certainly would not say that I was generally cold but my skin was extremely cold. I was thinking that it might look like a I have a nice windburn on my cheeks. And my legs and back side felt like I'd been playing in the snow without snow pants!!



But that's okay, I got in a little over 2 miles and I tried to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. I looked at the snow that's already on the ground and thought about how magnificent nature is. I also know that even though I really am impatient everything is working out perfectly.I am looking to find apps that will help me long-term to track my running progress and my goals. I love the run for good Mainly because of the fact that it's for a good cause but I think there are others that actually allow you to input your goals with timelines and see them regularly to make sure you maintain progress towards those goals. I have to look into that but if anybody has any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

And thank you Judy for making sure I got my running today!

No comments:

Post a Comment