Tuesday, February 11, 2014

More smiles


"I will never understand all the good that a simple smile can accomplish." ~ Mother Teresa

I know I just wrote about the importance of smiling but I wanted to post again about it.  Smiling has such an amazingly positive impact of others.  It really has the power to change the direction of someone's day and even their life.  It costs nothing.  It has a physical impact of the person smiling, too.  

Who took me up on the challenge to smile at everyone you met the other day?  Who will do it now?  Also, for the ultimate affect, try your most genuine smile.  For everyone you meet, imagine they are you long lost favorite relative or friend.  Imagine that seeing them is the most amazing thing ever.  You can even say, "Hi, it's good to see you!"  Trust me you'll make a difference.
I remember when I was working in Boston and I'd walk down the sidewalk with a big smile on my face and make eye contact with people and acknowledge them as I walked by.  It felt strange when I started doing it and I know a lot of people wondered if I was mentally unstable but... I also know that it made many, many other people smile, too.   I could feel how their smile helped melt some of the stress they were feeling.  That might be even more so for the people who thought I was crazy :-)  The fact is, I felt great, too.  So many people who I saw regularly began to respond as if we were long lost friends.  They knew that they were special and that they made a connection.  That's what we all want and need - connection with others.  So go ahead and make sure you smile at everyone you see today.
Please let me know how it goes!! 
You can make easily make a big difference in this world - all you need to do is smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment